Monday, September 23, 2013

7 Months

I am a little late on this post but it's not because I don't love little Colty more than life itself!  Being a mom of two does not offer a lot of free time.  Lance and I talk about how we can't believe we ever thought having one was a lot of work.  It was nothing compared to having two!!  Colt is doing some fun stuff this month.  He is getting a tooth!  It is his bottom left (our left).  He has been drooling forever and he always puts stuff in his mouth, so I was glad to actually see some evidence of something coming in.  Colt has now officially started babbling, and of course he says "da da da da da da."  It's no surprise that Lance is excited about this and thinks Colt is doing it on purpose.  I am still saying "mama" to him all the time.  I can't wait for that word to come out!  I also think that Colt is on the verge of crawling.  He can push himself up really well, but he hasn't quite figured out how to get his legs under him. The first time I have ever seen him get his knees under him was in his crib tonight.  I would not be surprised if we was crawling before he is 8 months. Colt is still a huge baby.  People are so surprised when they find out that he is only 7 months.  Today I took him to the grocery store for the first time (which he loved every second and of course managed to get his mouth on part of the cart right at the end which made me cringe) and the greeter was trying to talk to him like she wanted a response.  I think she definitely thought he was older than he is.  The outfit he wore today was 18 months.  I don't even think about buying anything under 12 months and usually go ahead and opt for the 18 months because I feel like he will grow out of the 12 months any day!  He is also getting too big for his car seat already.  We were able to keep Ryder in the infant seat until 1, but I just don't think Colt can make it that long.  Pretty soon we are going to put him in Ryder's car seat (which can be rear facing) and put Ryder in a combination convertible-booster car seat.  One way that I am very different with Colt than I was with Ryder is that I never put Colt in shoes.  I used to try to have shoes on Ryder when we went places, but now I just don't see why shoes are important for a baby that doesn't walk. Colt is doing better and better with food.  He is not a big fan of fruit.  He seems to like pears the most.  He is really seeming to like all veggies.  At first it was just the green stuff but now he likes the green and the orange.  He has been doing great staying with Angie.  He seems to really like it and have fun.  Anytime I take him anywhere, someone always comments on what a good baby he is.  He really is.  He doesn't cry much at all.  I love seeing his face light up when I walk into a room or go to pick him up.  But he still loves his brother the most.  Ryder was the first to make him laugh out loud and he is still the one who makes him laugh the most.  Tonight Colt was with me while I put Ryder to bed, which he is most of the time when I put Ryder to bed, and I was giving Colt goodnight kisses. (He requires 5 these days).  Colt was just watching and laughing and I told Ryder he should give Colt a kiss goodnight and when he did, Colt got the most happy and content smile on his face.  It meant so much to him to get a kiss from his big brother. 
It's hard to believe Colt is already 7 months, and I know before we know it we will be celebrating his first birthday.  I think the thing I will miss the most about him as he grows up are his chubby cheeks.  They are so cute and chubby, I can't help but kiss them all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment