I am soooo far behind in writing this post. Time is flying so fast, I feel like I can't keep up! Colt is 8 months (really almost 9 months now). I feel like he is accomplishing things and growing up at a break neck speed this month. At the end of 7 months/beginning of 8 months got his two bottom teeth and now he is getting his top teeth! The one on his top right has come through a little and the other one is about to any day! He also started crawling on October 12, 2 days before his 8 month birthday. He is ALL OVER THE PLACE. We always thought Ryder was such an easy baby, he never put anything in his mouth, didn't really get into a whole lot, etc., and Colt is the complete opposite. Colt is a good baby, don't get me wrong, but he is in to everything. We will have 10 of his toys sitting right in front of him and he would rather crawl over to the fire place or to our TV stand or anying else that could be potentially dangerous. He also is a magnet to electrical outlets. We never had to worry Ryder and outlets, but Colt is drawn to them!! Thank goodness we still had a ton of plug covers. He also pulls up to his knees and one time, when staying with Angie, he pulled himself all the way up to standing. He will be walking in no time, I'm sure. He still says "dadadada" all the time and I've heard him say "mama" only once :( Debbie (Lance's mom) has heard him saying it a couple times when she has kept him but he likes to keep it from me I guess! He has started to clap and has even attempted to wave a couple of times. I've also heard him do the whole "babababa" babble. I finally feel like we are almost getting into a routine with him. It has taken FOREVER. It's so much harder for me to develop a routine with two, but I'm so glad we are finally getting it. Ryder is in bed about 8:30 and Colt has been in bed lately around 9. He is eating three times a day now with baby food and a 5 oz bottle, has a 7 oz snack bottle during the day and drinks about 8 oz before bed. He loves his baths, the dogs and especially his brother. I love that he is at an age where he can really interact. He gets so excited when I come home and I love that. I love when I'm sitting down somewhere and he crawls over to me and wants me to hold him. It's the best! He is still in size 3 diapers and wears nothing smaller than 12 month clothes. 18 months fits best and is usually the safest bet when trying to decide a size to buy him. He is also in size 5 shoes! He is such a big boy. So many times lately when we have been out or at restaurants poeple ask how old Colt is and are shocked when I tell them 8 months. They always say they thought he was 2, which I think is absurd, but I know he is big. But he still has a sweet baby face, so I would think they could tell he is not that old! We celebrated his first Halloween the other day and it was a lot of fun. He was a cowboy and the cutest cowboy I have ever seen! Ryder was Captain America and loved Halloween this year.
Having two boys is the aabsolute best blessing there ever could be and I am so thankful.
She's 4!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment