It's so hard to believe Colt is already 6 months old. I remember when he was first born it seemed like 12 weeks would take forever to get to. (12 weeks is when I feel safe with newborns finally because of sickness and what not). It is fun to start seeing his personality come out now. Of course, he still loves Ryder the most. He is just fascinated with him and thinks he is the funniest thing. He loves to cuddle and hug and I love that. He is getting to the point where he does not like laying on the ground or laying anywhere really. He always wants to be up and looking around. He loves being held and he loves standing up (with someone holding his hands of course). He is very into his toys! He is always grabbing for them and playing with them. He also grabs anything we have in front of him, so we really have to be careful of our food! He sits in his high chair to eat now, and unlike Ryder who loved the orange food, Colt likes the green stuff! He is kind of hard to feed because he wants to always look around while in his chair. He'd rather look around than eat. He has been staying with Lance's sister, Angie, and he has been doing well. I have to get him up super early in the morning and he usually stays asleep for the ride there. He is a really good baby. Luckily, he doesn't like eating right when he wakes up which allows me to drop him off and he eats once he is there. At his 6 month check up he was 29.25 inches (98%) and weighed 20 lbs 13 oz (80%). He is still bigger than Ryder was but they are starting to almost match up now. Everyone always compliments Colt on his cuteness and his loooong eye lashes. I love his eyes and eyelashes. They are one of my favorite things about him (along with his chubby cheeks that I love to kiss!) His hair is staying pretty dark, so I wonder if it will ever lighten up like Ryder's did. He is wearing anything fronm 12-18 months. He is still in size 3 diapers. I have never put shoes on him, so I have no idea what his shoe size is! Colt is very infatuated with out dogs also...I forgot to mention that. He thinks they are so funny and he loves to pet them, especially Marli. I am so impressed with all that he can do now and I know he will be crawling soon. He moves all over the floor and in his crib at night. His sleeping is usually pretty good, but some nights he will wake up a few times. He was the perfect addition to our family, and we are so blessed to have him.
No comments:
Post a Comment