I JUST now realized I had not done a 5 month post yet! This has really been a crazy few weeks for us because we put our house on the market, it had a contract in 6 days, and now we have been looking like crazy for a new house. I think I have a good excuse for forgetting :)
Mr. Colt is continuing to be our little giant. Any time people see him they are so amazed that he is "only" 5 months. He is wearing 9-18 month clothing! He is wearing some jumpers that Ryder wore as a 9-10 month old. There are many onesies that he could only wear once because he grows so fast! He is still in size 3 diapers. My mom says she thinks that Colt will be the strong silent and laid back type. I am not sure if I totally buy into this, but I can see why she would say it. He really is a laid back baby. He is very good, and he has been especially good with the whole house hunting process. He has gone with us every time we have looked at houses, and he has to get in and out of the car non stop. It really messes up his schedule, but he is never too fussy. He is very "go with the flow." He also comes to Ryder's TBall games every Saturday and is always very good! He has started eating cereal this month. We dabble in it a little at 4 months, but then I decided to stop and really start in at 5 months. He wasn't a huge fan of Rice Cereal, but he seems to like Oatmeal a lot better. I will try veggies at 6 months. He still is not on the best schedule, but it is getting better. I don't know if it's just because he is more difficult to get on a schedule or if I'm just not doing as good of a job trying to get him on a schedule as I did with Ryder because I have two kids that pull me in all directions. At least Colt now sleeps through the night many nights (but not all). Just two nights ago he woke up two times in the middle of the night, but last night he slept all night with no issues. He is usually in bed between 9-10:30. I would love to get him in bed by 9 every night, but it just hasn't happened yet. He also cries to go to sleep every night-he really fights it! We rock him but he wines and cries and makes noise until he finally just gives in and falls asleep. He is really starting to move as he sleeps. He turns all around his crib and now turns over to sleep on his tummy which I don't like. He is very strong and can lift his head well, so I'm sure he's fine, but it still makes me nervous! I have created the bad habit of him napping on me during the day because he sleeps longer than if I put him in a crib and it allows me to get a nap, too. I hope we can get him sleeping in his crib soon. Colt is still difficult to make laugh (unless you tickle him...he is very ticklish). But Ryder is the one and only person who can make Colt laugh out loud. Colt LOVES Ryder and thinks he is so hilarious. He loves when Ryder plays with his toys. When Ryder is close to him, Colt tries to reach out and touch his face. Colt is very curious and wants to grab everything he can. He loves toys and pretty much anything he can get his hands on. He is also starting to sit up pretty well. He still needs someone or something behind him just in case he falls over, but he can stay sitting up on his own for periods of time. He can also bear weight on his legs really well if we hold him to a standing position. He also wants to put EVERYTHING in his mouth!! I can't tell if he's teething or if he just likes to put stuff in his mouth. He gets compliments all the time for his beautiful eyes and eyelashes. He got mistaken for a girl the other night at a restaurant, and it really is because he is pretty! I think it will only make him more handsome as an adult to have long beautiful eyelashes. Colt talks to us a lot-coos and moans and it is so cute! We love you Colt!
She's 4!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment