Bubba is the title to this blog, because that is what we have been calling Ryder lately. It just works! No, it does NOT mean there in another one on the way :) Not yet! Ryder is now 11 months old. Crazy to think that. This time last year I was wrapping up school and looking forward to enjoying some relaxing time before Ryder came. I look at Ryder all the time and think how amazing it is that he used to live in my belly! It still bewilders me! Ryder has added "what's that" and "uh oh" to his vocabulary. He still points at everything! He is standing all by himself really well, and we keep trying to get him to take some steps but he is still too scared. He walks great holding someone's hand, though. He still has only two teeth! I give him soft foods that I eat and I want to give him more, but I'm afraid to since he only has two teeth. He still loooooooves his puffs, the cheeto looking snacks, and mum mums. He calls all of those things mum mums and he gets so excited if we even walk over to the cabinet where we keep them. I am still trying to get him to like sippy cups, but it's not going as good as I had hoped. And he still does not want to hold his own bottle! We have been trying to make him, so he is getting better, but he still wants to be lazy about it. He is still pointing at people like crazy, and he is really paying attention to what everyone does around him. Within the last two weeks, he has become VERY attached to me. He will cry if anyone else tries to hold him. He will even cry if Lance comes and gets him from me. I love the feeling of being loved, but I hope this phase doesn't last long because I feel bad when people want to see him and he screams the second they pick him up! We also went ahead and got him a big boy front facing car seat. I know you are supposed to wait until babies are a year old, but he is just too big to be in that carrier rear facing! I took him to the doctor on his 11 month birthday because of something small (that turned out to be nothing) and he already weighs 25 pounds! And they didn't measure his height, but he is sooo tall.
Ryder is now wearing size 4 diapers. His eating and sleeping routine is still pretty much the same! We got into a bad habit with Ryder by having him take naps on us (since the day he was born) because we like to take naps. So lately, we have been putting him in his crib for naps and he has been doing really well!! I'm so glad we finally decided to do this, because it's nice having a couple of hours every day to get stuff done! He is still taking two naps and if he goes a day with only one nap, he gets SO fussy.
He is still making his tongue clicking sound all the time and he whistles so much! He is a very good whistler. We still laugh when he does it because it is so funny.
I love this stage because he is really showing his sweet side. He will now give kisses (he gives them sparingly, but when he does it, it melts my heart!). Also, he loves hugging his stuffed animals. He will be playing along and crawl up to one of his stuffed animal and stop, lay on it and hug it. He loves to cuddle!!!
He loves watching Jack's Big Music Show, Miss Spider's Sunny Patch, Yo Gabba Gabba and Blues Clues. Yo Gabba Gabba is probably his favorite show. He is still great when we take him places, and rarely cries or throws fits while we are out. Thank goodness!! It's hard to believe we will be throwing his first birthday party in a month!
She's 4!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment