I officially have a 10 month old the size of a two year old! Ha. But really, Ryder is so big. And he is doing so much now, and I love every second of it! I love this age he is at! Ryder FINALLY got two teeth. I am not sure where the other ones are yet...I keep feeling thinking maybe there will be some other ones ready to peak through, but I can't feel any! Because of teething (I think) we have had a little bit of difficulty. There was a time when Ryder was often waking up two to three times during the night. Thank goodness he is not doing this anymore (hopefully I'm not jinxing myself). But also, we have had a pretty difficult time with feeding. There was a period of about a week that we could barely get him to take a bite. I was worried, of course, but the doctor said as long as he was drinking his formula well, that Ryder would be okay. Some days, he eats great, other days, he barely eats. But boy he loves his formula no matter what. We have been trying to get him to eat Stage 3 foods, but he does not really like those at all. He seems to eat the chicken and vegetables and the beef and vegetables some what okay, but that is pretty much it of the stage 3 food! So I will give him stage 2 foods still just so that he will eat SOMETHING. The funny thing is, no matter what, Ryder is always up for eating a mum mum or some puffs. He would eat those all day if he could. We are still struggling with getting Ryder to hold his bottle. He definitely could if he wanted, but he is being lazy and just wants us to do it! I give him his sippy cup as much as possible, because he is better about holding that, in hopes that he will transfer that skill to his bottle. Of course I have read online about babies not holding their bottles, and I read that there are some babies that just never do. So that made me feel a little better.
Okay, so let's talk about things he IS doing! He loves to wave! It is funny, because he loves waving to mirrors. Anytime that I am holding him and take him into a bathroom, he immediately waves to himself in the mirror. It's pretty adorable. He says "momma, mum mum, dada, and bye bye." He stands really well, walks along the couch, walks pushing his dinosaur walker toy and his other walker toy. I have let go of his hands sometimes when he was standing and he stood by himself for a few seconds. He dances to music to his toys. He has his "tile crawl" and his regular crawl and he is great at both! He loves to point at people and things. He makes coming home from work so great, because he is always so happy when I walk in the door. Sometimes it's easier for me to try to sneak in, because the first thing I do when I get home is change, but if he sees me come in and I don't go get him and hold him for a long time he gets very upset! I love how he can show me how much he loves me and wants to be around me.
He is still wearing size 3 diapers, but it's probably getting close to time to go to size 4.
He is outgrowing his 12 month clothes! 18 months fit much better.
He loves sleeping on his tummy
He still takes at least two naps a day
His eating is still similar to how it was last month, except his eating is iffy. We still try to sit him down for the same meals and times. Plus we add snacks in between of puffs and mum mums. I have tried introducting some fruits, but he doesn't seem to really like them. I've given it to him in the mesh feeder,but he just doesn't like the mesh feeder.
He still does great in restaurants and stays pretty content the whole time. He's actually really good in public in general.
He is outgrowing size 4 shoes, so I guess size 5 is what is best for him right now!
Ryder Lee Robbins is the greatest baby, and I can't imagine my life without him! These have been the greatest 10 months, and I love watching him learn and grow.
She's 4!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment