I am a little late on my 3 month post. As of October 1, Ryder is 3 months old! I have learned so much over the past three months. Remember before when I talked about how I was really neglecting taking care of myself because I was so focused on Ryder?? Well now I can actually take care of myself! haha! I am getting better at the stay at home mom thing. Too bad it only lasts about another month :( I can actually take a shower during the day now! Sad thing is, most days I would just rather stay in my PJs all day! It's just me and Ryder at the house, so who cares, right? Don't worry, I shower everyday, just most of the time at night. But it's good to know now that if I need to get ready to go somewhere during the day, I actually can! A lot of this is because Ryder is a lot more content now in his swing and in his lamb seat. He can sit there for a while and coo and entertain himself! We also bought Ryder a "jumperoo" last month from a friend of mine, Renae. We have been putting him in there everyday, and although he really isn't quite old enough to thoroughly enjoy it, he has fun in it for about 5 minutes at a time. I think it surprises him when he realizes he can bounce in it! He also enjoys the lights and sounds and even grabs on to some of the toys that are attached.
At three months, Ryder is...
-Rolling over...well...kind of. Ryder rolled over from his tummy to his back at 2.5 months. Since that point, he has only done it one or two more times. I wish he would do it more, but he absolutely hates it when I put him on his tummy on the floor
-talking talking talking! He loves to coo, make noises and especially squeal. He is the best at squealing.
-He will grab on to things if you put them up to his hand. We are trying to show him that his hands actually do serve a purpose! Lance was moving his fingers around in front of Ryder the other day, and we both think Ryder was trying to mimic with his hand. So it was cool! I have noticed that Ryder uses his left hand a lot more than he uses his right hand. I wonder if he will be a lefty...
-Sleeping through the night! This is here and there, but his best streak was 5 nights in a row with 8 or more hours a night. That was awesome! He has slept 8-9 hours a lot, but here and there he will have a night or two mixed in where he wants to wake up in the middle of the night to eat.
-Tracking things and people with his eyes. It's funny when I talk to him and walk away to do something and turn around and he has followed me with his eyes across the room and is still staring at me.
-Recognizes my voice! The other night my mom was watching Ryder and he was sleeping on her chest. I came home and started talking to my mom and he sat up and looked right at me like he was so happy I was home!
-Still the owner of big blue eyes! My mom and Noni are very excited about this. I am fine with it, of course, but I won't be surprised if they end up turning hazel or green like mine and Lance's!
-Eating his hands all the time! He would much rather eat his hands than a pacifier any day!
-Loving his bath time. He has been kicking around a lot in the tub. I think he will like to swim!
-Still growing like crazy! He is so much bigger than babies I see that are his age. It's crazy how huge he looks next to them.
-Laughing out loud! He doesn't do it all the time, but he can definitely do it. He first did this on September 28, the day before my birthday. I considered this an early birthday present, because hearing him laugh was something I was really looking forward to. He mostly does it when he is tickled. He is really ticklish on the back of his thighs and on his sides along his rib cage.
-loving TV..this could be a bad thing! When Ryder plays on his mat, he often rolls on his side so he can see the TV. Lance always wants to have sports on when he does this so he can learn the games early :)
-So close to rolling over from his back to tummy. He can easily roll on his side, and I try to show him how easy it would be to roll on his tummy. One leg flipped over will be all it will take! Hopefully he will get this down soon!
-Smiles at people all the time. And it is the cutest, sweetest smile. But...I can't hardly ever catch it with my camera! My camera has a red light that comes on first, so when he sees the red light, his smile goes away. So frustrating!
-Wearing 3-6 month clothing
-Wearing Size 2 Diapers
-Eating 5-6 Ounces about 5-6 times per day!
I love my baby boy so much! I can't wait to see all the things he will accomplish this month :)
She's 4!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment