Yay! Ryder is now 3 weeks old. It's really hard to believe that he has already been here that long. The time has really gone by fast. This 3rd week had it's challenges. Starting at the end of the 2nd week into the beginning of the 3rd week, Ryder went through this phase that lasted about 4 days. During these 4 days, he would start to cry any time after 4pm and he would cry for hours and not be consolable. We tried everything! We changed him, fed him, swaddled him, gave him a pacifier, and gave him Mylocon thinking it might even be gas. We still have no idea what went on, but now he is just fine and doesn't do it anymore! Maybe he was having growing pains or something, because we definitely think he is going through a growth spurt right now. We have increased how much he gets at his feedings, and early evening to mid evening he eats the most! I think he definitely got his dad's appetite :)
He is starting to stay awake a little more now, so that is fun being able to see his eyes and try to see who he looks like. He is starting to look a little more like Lance. He still cries EVERY time we change his diaper. I think I've successfully changed it one time without him crying. One thing is for sure, he hates having things taken off of him. He must be cold natured like me. He also hates baths. I always heard babies loved baths, but not my child! The only parts he likes is having his hair washed. Then it's all down hill from there.
This was also the first week where I was alone with Ryder because Lance went back to work. I was really nervous about this. I knew I would still be sleepy, because I was not going to wake Lance up at night to help with Ryder since he was going back to work. Lance's mom came over on Tuesday night and stayed the night and took over the night duty. That was SO nice! I got to sleep and it was great. The week actually went really well. Ryder and I got our bonding time, and we got to know each other better which was great for me! He is so sweet and cuddly...I love holding him and talking to him. I love holding him up on my shoulder where he lays with his tummy against me. He likes laying like this, too. He really likes napping like this, and so do I! We both get little naps in during the day like this.
I love seeing how he is changing all the time. To me, he already looks so much like a little boy and not a baby. I love my little Ryder!
She's 4!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment