My mom was with my little cousin today, and these are the pictures they sent me. They think they are pretty funny...
The caption for the picture was "This is you in a few months..."
And I guess little Sammy thought it was funny and thought he'd join in!
One of the main reasons I am so excited about tomorrow, is that once I get a good report I am telling EVERYONE the good news. I have only told close friends and family and wanted to let it go public after the 12 week mark. It was so fun telling family! We were going to try to wait until Christmas to tell family, but on December 9, I called Lance and told him I couldn't wait anymore. So, we arranged to have dinner at Saltgrass with my mom, Noni and Aunt Bonnie. My mom already knew and was so happy we were finally telling Noni and Aunt Bonnie. After work that day, I bought a bottle and decorated it with all kinds of stuff that said "noni" and "great grandma". Lance and I got to the restaurant before anyone else, and we told the waitress to bring out my Noni's drink order in the bottle. The waitress was so nice and helped us out! My mom soon got there, then Noni and Aunt Bonnie. I was sooo nervous and excited. They finally ordered drinks, and the waitress brought out Noni's bottle just like we asked. She set it in front of Noni, and that's where it stayed for several minutes. My mom, Lance and I were all looking at each other thinking "is she going to notice??!!" Then we all started laughing, because it was just too funny how oblivious both Noni and Aunt Bonnie were to our big news. Finally Lance had to say, "Hey Noni, what are you drinking?" Noni looked down and saw the bottle, but still didn't quite get the message. After a few moments, she got it! That's when she kept saying she just couldn't believe it and there were some tears. Here is a picture from when she finally got it:
After dinner, we went to my dad's to tell him the news. I told him I was coming over to bring over a coaching video for softball that he could get good drills from. (He coaches my sister's select team). We got there and chatted for a minute, and he said, "so where's the video?" I handed him the bag, and this is what he pulled out:
He looked at it for a minute confused, then Colleen said "yay!" Then he realized what it meant. Everyone was really excited!!


No comments:
Post a Comment