Well, this has been a very interesting start to Ryder's 7 month! He was 7 months old yesterday, and we have been stuck inside due to this winter weather that has come through North Texas and many other places in the US! First let's talk about Ryder now that he is 7 months old...
Ryder is now sitting very well! I still stay close to him just in case he falls over, but he is getting really good at maintaining his balance while sitting. He is still not crawling yet, but I think it will definitely be coming soon. I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen this month. And still no teeth! I feel in there every couple of days and his gums are just smooth as ever. I have heard the later they get their teeth, the better, so I won't be bummed about the lack of teeth yet. He is really objecting if you take something away that he likes. He is eating cereal and a fruit at breakfast, cereal and a vegetable at dinner, and drinking about 30 oz of formula everyday. We just started incorporating a fruit at breakfast, so he has only had bananas, and he doesn't seem to really like them. I think we will try pears next, and I hope he likes those much better. Ryder still does a great job standing on his legs and will go to a standing position if he is holding someone's hands. He will do whatever he can to get to a toy in front of him, although usually he doesn't get far. He tries really hard to sit up on his own from his back, but he hasn't been successful with that, yet. He needs to do some ab work and get his tummy strong enough to pull him up! He pushes his arms straight while on his stomach, I think this is called baby pushups. He's a pro at these. He has graduated to a new bath set up...a bath seat! I couldn't believe that they do not sell these at Babies R Us, and I had to order it online at walmart. So far it has been a good new thing! It really helps him sit in the tub without us having to worry about him falling over in the water. He loves saying "dadadadada", so of course Lance loves this, too. Lance claims the other day he came in from work and right screamed "Dada!" Ryder is still grabbing everything, and he especially loves to grab my glasses and hair. I have to be really quick to dodge his quick hands. He can pass things from one hand to another easily, and he's been doing this for a while. He is still going to bed about 8:30, and if we are sleeping in, he will usually sleep until about 7:30 or 8. He is still taking naps 2-3 times a day: one bigger one in the morning, a short one in the afternoon, and a medium one in the early evening! He is still just he best baby. He doesn't cry unless he's hungry or tired, so no fussing for no reason. He is so easy to take places and just makes us so happy! He is wearing 9-12 month clothes and size 3 diapers!
Now for the snowed in part....
Monday night, January 31, as I was sitting at our softball game in the cold and mist, I never would have guessed what was coming. The news said it would sleet and snow, but they usually exaggerate. I thought we may miss school on Tuesday, but I thought that would be it. Since Noni and Aunt Bonnie keep Ryder, they made plans to stay the night Monday night in case I had to go in to work on Tuesday. Well, we got word Monday night that school was cancelled on Tuesday, but we got this word late and Noni and Aunt Bonnie stayed the night. At 3 am I woke up because of the very LOUD sleet hitting our windows. This went on for hours and we woke up to a winter/ice wonderland Tuesday morning. It was a fun morning, and we cooked a big breakfast of eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and biscuits for everyone to enjoy. Then the temp kept dropping...and dropping...and I got word yesterday at about 3:45 that school would be closed again today. So Noni and Aunt Bonnie stayed, and I cooked baked ziti for dinner. It was goood! Then this morning we made waffles, and all day today we have been laying around watching movies...Charlie St. Cloud and Ground Hog Day...napping off and on. It was been very relaxing. And about 30 minutes ago I got word that there is no school tomorrow! So Lance, Me, Ryder, Noni and Aunt Bonnie have been cooped up for two days going on three in our small house. It's a good thing we all like each other :) From the looks of things, I wouldn't be surprised if we missed Friday, too. Our driveway and street are solid ice! Lance goes out every couple of hours to check out the conditions, and he's seen several of our neighbors try to leave our neighborhood with no success. Our only two exits to our subdivision are inclines, and people try to go up, only to slide right back down. I wish I had gone to the grocery store last weekend, because I am running out of things to cook! Lance keeps trying to get me to go outside, but it is too cold! The wind chill is below zero. I also would love to take Ryder out to see the snow, but I think it's just too cold for that. I guess he will experience his first snow another time! Stay warm everyone!
She's 4!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment