We have had a great month! I have been really nervous about taking Ryder anywhere, because I am afraid Cryder will come out. Our first outing was this past Saturday, August 28, to Kellie's shower. My mom was with me, so that made me feel a little better about our first outside venture. We got to the shower, and Ryder went right to sleep. He slept the entire time! It was so nice and he was so good! So then our next adventure out was to a mexican restaurant on the 31 for my Uncle Sammy's birthday. Once again, Ryder went right to sleep when we got to the restaurant. But then, right when we got our food, Cryder showed up! The restaurant was really loud, so you couldn't hear his crying that well, and he really wasn't throwing a big fit. He was just crying here and there and wanted to be held. So overall, it was really a good experience as well!
One of the big things that we are having an issue with right now are Ryder's big diaper blowouts! He usually only poops once a day now, and it is usually between 11-3. He's pretty regular! And it always seems to happen the same way...I sit on the couch to feed him, then I burp him, then after that I set him up on the boppy pillow in my lap and talk and play with him. Then he will get this look on his face that shows he means business. Then I know it's coming. And his poops usually last a while. Lots of red face, grunting, pushing, and rumbling down below. The problem is, his poops are pretty runny and apparently Luvs cannot handle this. Just today, he had a big blowout and I look down and poop is running out of his diaper and on my leg. The back of his onesie was covered from the poop seeping out of the top of the diaper. He has ruined a few onesies like this! Shout does not get that bright yellow stain out! So when this happens, I have to get him completely naked, wipe him down and put him in the tub. And while trying to get all that done I have to get the changing pad off and spray it along with his onesie and anything else that might have gotten in the path of the poop to try to salvage it! I bought some new Huggies diapers today, and they have a leak guard on the top on the back of the diaper. I hope this helps our leakage problem. Why don't all diapers have the leak guard on the back?
People who have been around Ryder and I tend to comment on how much he loves me. They say he really knows who I am. I guess being with him everyday, I don't notice it as much because we are always together! But my mom and Noni really comment on how much he loves his momma. This makes me happy. I put him to bed right before I started writing this, and in the middle of it, he woke up. I went to his room, picked him up and started rocking him back to sleep. He was in a half sleep in my arms, and I told him I loved him. Right then he got the biggest smile on his face and opened his eyes wide and gazed up at me. I know he knew what I was telling him. It melted my heart! I love him so much! He is always in the best mood in the morning, so I love when I get him out of bed in the morning. He smiles and is so happy to see me!
Now, at two months, Ryder can...
-Smile! He has always smiled while sleeping, but now he smiles at us! He smiles when we talk to him and play with him. I love it!
-he makes a lot more noises and coo-ing sounds. I love hearing this...it's like he's trying to tell us something.
-He does a great job holding his head up when he is laying on my chest or when we are holding him upright. -He pretty much hates tummy time on the floor and doesn't make a lot of effort to hold his head up when he's there.
-He is so much more observant of things. He loves his floor gyms and he plays with the toys hanging down. He can bat at them and he has even picked up a rattle (not real sure if that was on purpose, but I was still excited when he did it)
-He does pretty good at night. He goes to sleep with no problems and will wake up no more than one time. Sometimes he won't wake up until 5:30 or 6!
-He is becoming more content just sitting in his lamb chair or in his swing. Before he would cry if we put him there unless he was asleep. Today I was able to put him in his lamb in the bathroom while I showered, put some makeup on and dried my hair!
-He moves his legs so much! If he is in his lamb chair or in his gym, his legs are moving a hundred miles an hour!
Here are some pictures of my two month old!
No comments:
Post a Comment