November 11, 2009...This is the morning I found out the best news I have ever received. This was a Wednesday, and the monthly gift was supposed to come that Monday, November 9. Thoughts of pregnancy were in the back of my mind, but I did not want to get too excited. The month before I was 4 days late, and I was hoping to be pregnant. But I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. So I was debating back and forth in my mind if I should take a pregnancy test this time, since it was only two days late. On the Monday I didn't start, I told myself I'd wait until Thursday or Friday to test, because I figured it would come. But when Wednesday rolled around, my thoughts got the best of me. It was almost 7:30 A.M., and I knew I needed to leave for work soon. Lance was still home and was running late, because he usually leaves for work at 7:15. I wanted to go ahead and take the test because if I wasn't pregnant, I didn't want to be excited about the possibility that I could be. I wanted to wait until Lance left, because I really didn't think it would be positive. Lance left, and since I was beginning to run late, a part of me was saying to just wait until tomorrow. So I put the dogs up and got ready to leave, and decided "oh what the heck, I'll be a couple minutes late to work" and decided to go ahead and test. After the test, I didn't pay much attention because I had done this so many times before, it seemed, and all had a negative result. There it was...one line...like always...not pregnant. About a minute later, I looked again...OH MY GOSH. TWO LINES! I started jumping up and down in the bathroom saying "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh." I started shaking like crazy. I quickly gathered myself and got in the car. At this point I was thinking I needed to take some more tests to be sure. So, I first called Lance and told him. He was so excited. Then I called my best friend in the world, Sarah, to tell her what had happened and to pray that it wasn't false! I then called Hervey, my closest friend where I work, and told her to tell our boss that I would be a couple minutes late. This is when I went to the store to get some more tests. At about 10:45 that morning. I went into a bathroom and took three tests at once. Then I waited...first one-positive, second one-positive, third one-POSITIVE! I am pregnant!!!!
The original test...
The original test...
I have my first doctor's appointment on December 7, which the doctor thinks I will be about 8 weeks at this time. I cannot wait to go and see and learn all about the new life that is growing inside!
No comments:
Post a Comment